The following is a list of things you should consider to help you plan your party.
- Date and time
- Guest list
- Type of event (i.e. Casual to Formal)
- Indoors or out
- What type of food
- Catered or not?
- Are you serving alcohol?
- Do you need a bartender?
- Do you need rentals? (tents, portable toilets, tables/chairs, BBQ, dishware, linen)
Print off this check list to be sure you will have everything for a successful party.
Feel free to call us for ideas and rental help before you plan your party.
- Ice tubs
- Tents and canopies
- Portable bar
- Fill n' chill table
- Chafing dishes
- Champagne fountain
- Coffee urns
- Miscellaneous serving pieces
- Serving trays and platters
- Salad bowls
- China and flatware
Download the Party Checklist
Open House Tips
Reason for an Open House
Your open house should have a basis or a reason. Don't just have one. Decide why you want to hold it.
For example: A first annual which could be continued each year; a new facility; a second facility; a remodelling job
completed; new products, services; ground breaking; sales; tie-in with sales and holidays, etc.
First determine how many guests your facility can comfortably accommodate without seeming to be disoriented or too
crowded for them to look around. Enough staff is required to easily take care of those guests who may have questions about
your company, facility, products and services.
Use the following Check List to begin planning a successful open house:
Reason for Open House
- New: (Facility, Branch, Location, Product, Service)
- Awards, Presentations, Receptions
- Ground Breaking, Ribbon Cutting
- Catered or not?
- Thank You
- One Day, Weekend, Week
- During Hours, After Hours
- Indoors, Outdoors (Time of Year)
- In Office, Warehouse, Both
- Rented Hall, Under Canopy, Tent
Who to Invite
- Account Customers
- Steady Paying Customers
- Prospective Customers
- Firms with whom you should be doing business
- Local Dignitaries, Organizations
- Press (Print, Radio, TV)
- Formal, "Cordially Invited to", RSVP
- Announcement Letter
- Theme Related (Holiday, Sale, etc.)
- Post Card
Ways and When to Mail
- Direct Mail-First Class (To arrive 3 weeks prior)
- Self Mailer-Bulk (To arrive 3 weeks prior)
- Statement Stuffer (To arrive 2 months prior with 2nd, 1 month prior)
- In-House Customer Handouts (Begin 1 month prior)
- Announcement Letter (Mail 8-10 weeks prior)
- Mass media (Newspaper, Radio, TV)
- News Releases (Hand Delivered)
- Banners, Pennants, Signs, Fliers
- Search Lights
- Cocktail Hospitality Finger Foods, Cheese, Crackers, Fruit, Vegetables
- Lunch (stand up) Hot Dogs, Sandwiches, Salads, Condiments, etc.
- Dinner (sit down) Meat, Potato, Salads, etc.
- Beverages, Soda, Punch, Wine, Beer, Cocktails, Coffee, Tea, Milk
- Miscellaneous (depending on type of event) Popcorn, Fun Foods, Candy, Cake
- Depends on the budget you set
- Depends on the time of day
- Depends on the season
- Depends on the location
- Depends on the type of food service
Reason, Time, Place Attendees
- Keep Invitation "Short and Simple"
- Print Extra Invitations
- Mail to About 100-150 more than you want present
- Note "Door Prizes" if any
Food Service Accessories
- Ashtrays, etc
Download the Open House Checklist